Welcome to our Family Blog!

We've decided blogging would be a great way to capture all of the fun things that we encounter in our adventures of being a family.

We hope you enjoy the pictures and stories that we share, and that you come back to visit often.

Please leave some comments for us along the way and let us know you are reading our stories!

Thanks for visiting!

Friday

Christmas Night 2008 - Krisnik Celebration

The girls in their beautiful Christmas dresses from Grandma Sue

A painting for the girls' room from GG and Papa Charlie -

it's so cute I can hardly stand it!

The girls are now sharing a bedroom since we turned the downstairs room into a play room. Grandma Sue greatly helped this effort in giving both the girls new bedding sets along with new dressers for their room. The fun thing for me is that these dressers have been in our family for years...I used them when I was little! A few coats of paint and some fancy artwork and Grandma Sue had them looking spectacular!

Before I could get Ada's pjs on her for the night she decided she needed to relax right on Grandma Sue's floor. She grabbed the pillow off the chair, covered up with a blanket and was set! The bear (also from GG and Papa Charlie) has become her new favorite friend and hasn't hardly left her side since Christmas! She calls him "Berr", which is her way of saying bear, and tries to sing along to the activities he has!


There are two gifts that I received that I dont have pictures of yet, but they absolutely made my night. My brother gave me the most beautiful stained glass lamp I have ever seen - and it is shaped like a butterfly! I cant wait until Dan and I get it hung up. Secondly, my mom gave Dan and I a set of handcrafted "gongs" that she had blacksmithed for us. They are like the ones she has in her front yard that I have coveted for years now...I can't wait until the ground thaws and we can put them up!






1 comment:

The Mordorski's said...

Oh my gosh - those dressers are so pretty! Your mom did a great job!

I love the photo too - the little cartoons look like your girls!